ABOUT TEACHER TRAINING
ABOUT THE PILATES ACADEMY INTERNATIONAL TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
CHALLENGE, MOTIVATE, ENCOURAGE, INSPIRE!
HOW you Teach is JUST AS IMPORTANT as WHAT you Teach
The Pilates Academy International is committed to helping dedicated and qualified individuals gain the knowledge and teaching skills they need to become excellent, sought-after Pilates instructors.
A great Pilates instructor must have FIVE essential skills:
- A solid understanding of anatomy, biomechanics and postural issues
- A strong command of the Pilates exercise repertoire
- An ability to see the need for modifications and adjust accordingly
- An ability to progress and challenge clients safely and effectively
- An ability to inspire and motivate clients to reach their fitness goals
Without all of the above skills, Pilates instructors cannot provide their clients with the best instruction they could receive and thus prevent the client from reaping all of the benefits Pilates has to offer.
Each course has its own criteria, all of which can be found on the Course Requirements page. In summary, to become a fully trained Pilates instructor, over 200 classroom hours are required in addition to personal review, practice teaching and observation hours. Information on all of our courses can be found on the Course Descriptions page.
The Core Curriculum
All PAI courses will focus on the following:
- Fundamental execution of each exercise
- Anatomy and biomechanics of each exercise
- Exercise modification skills
- Cueing and correcting skills
- Workout design skills
- Transition skills
- Progression skills
PAI Pilates Teacher Trainings will resume at Centered in Fall 2016. Check back for dates to be announced SOON!
Centered is fully licensed to conduct Pilates Teacher Training programs by the Pilates Academy International, and is a registered school of the Pilates Method Alliance. PAI is headquartered at Pilates on Fifth in New York City. To experience the best of pilates nyc, visit Katherine and Kimberly Corp in New York! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-687-8885. To experience the best of Pilates in Charleston, WV, email us at email@example.com or call us at 304-550-8660 today!